I decided to create my own version of the butterbeer that they serve in the Harry Potter sections of both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Every time I visit Universal, I have to order one of these. When I am back at home, the sadness kicks in when I know that I am nowhere near a butterbeer station (I know, we’ve all been there). So here’s a quick and easy recipe that you can follow at home to make your own butterbeer! There are tons of different versions online. I decided to try to be a tiny bit different and I tried to make it easier as well. So let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- 6 bottles of Cream Soda (I prefer the bottle version. It gives the soda a better taste)
- Butter Extract
Whipped Cream Portion:
- 3/4 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp of Butter Extract
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- Toffee Bits
- Electric Mixer
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Glass Cups (or the Harry Potter souvenir cup)
- You could place the glass cups in the freezer and chill the glass while you are making the butterbeer
What you’ll need to do:
- Put the heaving whipping cream into the small mixing bowl.
- Use the electric mixer and mix cream until soft peaks form.
- This is when you lift the mixer and the cream has stiffened creating two soft peaks (kind of like little mountains)
- Do not over mix or it can be too stiff. The mixing process usually takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the soft peaks formed, added in the ¼ cup of granulated sugar and stir.
- Add in the 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 tsp of butter extract and stir.
- Taste and you can add sugar if you would like it sweeter.
- Have your glass cups laid out and add a splash of butter extract to the bottom of each cup.
- Add in the cream soda and mix
- Add a scoop of the whipped cream to each and stir the top with a spoon
- If you would like, you could add some toffee bits on top of the whipped cream
- Now you are ready to drink the butterbeer! Enjoy!