Hey everyone! In this post, I will discuss some of various activities that you can do on the Disney Dream. The best advice I could tell you is that your Navigator (the paper with itinerary for the day) should be your best friend. This will tell you absolutely everything that is going on that day. This will help you plan your day and get most of what the Disney Dream has to offer. The great thing about a Disney cruise is that they even have their own Disney Cruise App. On the app, you can also look at the itinerary. Another great thing about the app is that you can use the ship’s Wi-Fi in order to contact other people on the ship. I would suggest downloading the app before you embark on your cruise (: Anyways, on to the entertainment!
Youth Clubs (Fun for the kids)
Small World Nursery (6 months to 3 years old): It’s a Small World themed nursery with many toys and crafts for the young ones to use (Cost $$ per hour).
Oceaneer Club (3 to 7 years old): A club with so many rooms and activities for the kids to enjoy. Some of the rooms and activities include:
- Andy’s Room- The kids will feel toy sized when they step into Andy’s room. In this room, you can play with several of the characters from the Pixar film (like Rex and Hamm). You can watch movies here as well.
- Monsters Academy- Join in on the fun with Mike and Sully in Monstropolis. You can dress up as monsters and play games on the computer.
- Pixie Hollow- Step into Pixie Hollow where you can see the pixie dust tree, dress up as fairies, and listen to fascinating stories.
Oceaneer Lab (8 to 12 years old): Some of the rooms and activities are:
- Media Room- filled with movies, games, and books.
- Animator’s Studio- kids can make their own original drawings or sketch some of their favorite Disney characters.
- Wheelhouse- filled with computers and large LCD screens. The children are able to hunt for lost treasure in the Pirates of the Caribbean game.
- Playmation- Area where you can team up with the Marvel Avengers and help defeat the villains.
Edge (11 to 14 years old): Edge is a club that has a bunch of computers and games (trivia’s and scavenger hunts). They could also do crafts and sing karaoke.
Vibe (14 to 17 years old): a teen club that has a media room with movies and games. There is also a dance club area where the teens can dance or test out their DJ skills.
Sail Away Party: This deck party is to kick off your cruise by dancing with characters like Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. There is also a countdown to when the ship starts moving and it will be followed by the sound of the ship’s horn celebrating the start of the cruise.
Pirate’s Night: Grab the bandana that was brought into your Stateroom and dress up in your pirate clothes for a memorable deck party. Characters will be dressed up in their pirate clothes too! At night, there is a performance on the pool deck including some of your favorite characters and Captain Jack Sparrow even makes an appearance. Best part of it all is the fireworks at the end of the show.
Character Meet and Greets
There are many locations that you can meet the characters on the Disney Dream. The Disney Cruise App and the Navigator will tell you the locations and the times of the characters you want to see. Sometimes the characters wander about and you are able to say hi and take a picture. Most of the time, there will be a line to meet them. My best advice is to call in advance and make reservations to meet your favorite character(s). This will ensure that you will be able to meet them and that you won’t have to wait in line for a long time. You can also meet characters when you enter Cast Away Cay. Right when you leave the ship, you can even meet Captain Jack Sparrow!
Buena Vista Theater
In this theater, you could watch movies on the big screen. 3D movies are also available here.
Walt Disney Theater
There are three shows on the Disney Dream: The Golden Mickey’s, Villains Tonight!, and Disney’s Believe. I already have a post dedicated to these shows. Here is a link to the post: https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/earthtolizzieblog.wordpress.com
At certain times of the day, the Atrium Lobby has character meet and greets, live performances, and music. Check the Navigator or the Disney Cruise App for a date and time.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Pirates League
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a salon where children (even adults) can dress up as a princess, knight, or mouse!
- Pirates League is salon where you can transform into a pirate (perfect for the Pirate’s Night Deck Party).
Midship Detective Agency
This is an interactive game that involved locating enchanted artwork and finding clues in order to find the villain that is either stealing puppies or stealing artwork.
There is so much to do on any of the Disney cruises. These are only some of activities/entertainment that the Disney Dream has to offer. There are several locations (like the D Lounge) where you are able to dance, sing, and play games. Keep an eye out on the itinerary for these activities and make sure to join in on the fun. There are also fun sports to play. They have a basketball court, ping pong tables, and they even have a golf simulator! If you have any questions, let me know and I will be happy to answer them. Have a magical day everybody.