Hey everyone! Hooray for a HHN post! I am so ready for HHN 26. In this post, I will be discussing what we know about this year’s event and some tips and tricks to help you make the best out of your Halloween Horror Nights Experience. This post will be about Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando, Florida.
What we know so far:
- HHN 26 runs on select nights starting September 16th – October 31st.
- This year’s icon is Chance! Last year, Jack was the star of the show. Now Chance (Jack’s sidekick) is taking over and stealing the show.
- Confirmed Houses: the Exorcist, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield, and the Walking Dead.
- Rumored Houses: Cobwebs and Take a Chance.
HHN Tips and Tricks:
- If you would like to look at the ticket, express pass, or additional add-on prices, check out the Halloween Horror Nights website: http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/?ref=
- If you are a Florida resident, you can find a code on specially marked cans of coke zero to get $38 off.
- The prices for the tickets vary depending on which day you go. If you go Wednesday, the price for a ticket is $55.99. On a Saturday night, the price is $82.99.
- So best day to go is during the week days. The ticket is cheaper and there are less crowds.
- If you do plan on going to HHN more than once, I recommended checking out the Rush of Fear Pass. For the first ten days of HHN, you can go anytime (on select nights) to HHN for $91.99 (advance price). So if you even just go to HHN twice, you will be saving money (If you went on Friday and Saturday, the price would be around $155.98. With the Rush of Fear Pass, it would only be $91.99).
- Make sure to follow HHN social media accounts. They have:
- Last year, they had a sweepstakes and the prize included: two tickets to HHN 25, two tickets to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure, and two tickets to the social media event: The Last Laugh. So I suggest that you follow all their social media accounts and keep an eye out for any sweepstakes this year. I was lucky enough to win and I wrote a blog post about my experience. Here is the link if you want to know more about it: https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/earthtolizzieblog.wordpress.com
My own personal tips based on previous experiences:
I went to HHN four years ago when it was Halloween Horror Nights 22. In my opinion, I think HHN has been getting better and better. I like that they are bringing icons back. Jack was a big hit in my opinion and I loved the Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem house. When I first went to HHN, I was only able to go to 4 out of the 6 houses. During last year’s event, I was able to go to all 9 houses. Here are some tips I have learned based on all my horror nights experiences.
- If you want to go to all houses, I recommend going to Universal Studios one hour before the event opens.
- The park usually opens thirty minutes (or even an hour) before the scheduled event hours.
- Make sure to print out your ticket and have everything ready before you go.
- Try to go during the first week of HHN or during the middle of the event dates. That is when I believe there are less crowds.
- The last night of HHN are usually the busiest.
- I recommend going to all the houses before you go on rides. It might take time away from going to the houses the time for each house increases as the hours go by.
- Express Passes help decrease the wait time, but you can still go to all houses without one (mind that although it decreases the wait time, there might still be a long wait).
- Going to the park the same day as HHN is exhausting. Trust me.
- I usually to try to go to the house that is near the main stage at Universal, usually that house will be the more popular one.
- Sometimes the wait is shorter than what it says. So do not be discouraged. The line is constantly moving anyways because it is a walkthrough attraction.
- Use the shows as a way to relax. I usually watch Bill and Ted during the end of HHN to relax (and have a great time of course).
YouTube links to HHN teasers:
- Icon Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h062Rpc70tM
- You Won’t Stand a Chance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbbyBxP-hUk
- Halloween – Hell Comes to Haddonfield: Halloween – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i-65y0CPEQ
- The Walking Dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxY3UAsEjA0
- The Exorcist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg3dAtzV4c0
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNpJZ_fWrBM
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. I would love to help you out. I love anything horror and Halloween Horror Nights is a great event to get my horror fix. I hope this post helped out and I hope you all have a great day!