Hey everyone! I decided to do a top five series for the parks at Walt Disney World. There will be different categories and for each category, I will give you my top five picks and why I considered them to be in the top five. This is opinion based, so this is meant to show you a little about the things I enjoy in each park and maybe something new for you to do or try during your next visit. With that, I hope you enjoy this series and let’s get started!
First stop, Magic Kingdom:
- All the mountains– This one is kind of cheating, but I have to put Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Splash Mountain all into one. These rides are all different, but they are all fun thrill rides. Every time I go to Magic Kingdom, I know I have to ride at least one of these rides.
- Haunted Mansion– One of the opening day attractions. I love every part of this ride. I even love the queue and the elevator scene. Fun fact about me: I’ve been to this ride so many times that I could recite absolutely everything the ghost host says in the elevator.
- Pirates of the Caribbean– Who doesn’t like pirates? This ride is also good when you want to relax and take a break from the heat with its air conditioned queue.
- Mickey’s Philharmagic– This 4-D show takes you on a journey to some of your favorite Disney movies. Favorite parts: the Beauty and the Beast (love the apple pie part) and the Lion King Scene.
- It’s a Small World– It’s a classic ride. This is another opening day ride. I added this here because it truly brings Walt’s touch to Walt Disney World. It’s a Small World started at the World’s Fair in New York. This ride was a “Salute to the children of the world”. The awesome part about this ride was that at the World’s Fair, all the proceeds were donated to UNICEF.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant– The atmosphere is what makes the biggest impression in my opinion. You certainly feel like royalty when you enter the Beast’s Castle. You can also get incredible photo opportunities with the Beast himself! Recommend: I suggest that if you can, ask to dance with him.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table– Great way to meet all of your favorite princesses without having to wait in line. Tip: Remember to have a phone or a good camera to get nice photos with the princesses.
- Crystal Palace– The character interactions are great. It’s fun to see Pooh and his friends come out and interact with the guests. It is an all you can eat buffet style restaurant.
- Skipper’s Canteen– If you want to be adventurous and try some unique foods, Skipper’s Canteen is the place for you. I personally love the Jungle Cruise theme and the skippers truly make it a memorable experience.
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café– This one is added because it is my kind of food. Worth a try.
- Casey’s Corner– Have to eat here every time I visit Magic Kingdom. It is as if it is a tradition haha! Recommendation: Corn dog nuggets yummy!
- Aloha Isle– No surprise here. Pineapple Dole Whips. If you haven’t tried them, you definitely need to!
- Main Street Bakery– If you have a sweet tooth, the Main Street Bakery has a variety of treats. My favorite ones are the candy apples and the s’mores bar. Tip: You can ask a cast member to cut up the candy apples for you (it makes it much easier to eat).
- Gaston’s Tavern– If you’re in the mood for a refreshing drink. Gaston’s Tavern has a frozen drink called Lefou’s Brew. It is a mix of frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow. It also has a passion fruit mango foam. Sounds odd, but it taste great.
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor– The moment you pass by the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, you could already smell the yumminess that is awaiting inside Fun Fact: WDW uses different scents to match its surroundings. So of course when you pass by the Ice Cream Parlor, that sweet smell is one of Disney’s “Air Smellitizers.” Recommend: Try out their ice cream cookie sandwich.
- Dapper Dans– Amazing barbershop quartet. They are talented and entertaining to watch. Tip: If you look at the Disney website, you can see the times they perform. Recommend: Watch them during Christmastime.
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular– This is a breathtaking fireworks show. The music is beautiful and the view of both the castle and the fireworks are gorgeous. Recommend: Watch this show near Gaston’s Tavern. Fireworks meet in the middle and you can see both Cinderella’s and Beast’s castle with fireworks lighting up the sky.
- Festival of Fantasy– Favorite parade out of the two. The parade floats are beautiful and it is fun to see the variety of Disney Characters. There can even be some memorable character interactions while you are enjoying the parade.
- Magic Kingdom Welcome– At 7:40 am every day, several Disney characters welcome you to Magic Kingdom. It is a great way to start of your Magic Kingdom adventure!
- Main Street Trolley Show– The performers are entertaining and it certainly brightens up my day.