Hey everyone! This is part three of my Top Five Series. As mentioned in my last post, there are different categories and for each category, I will give you my top five picks and why I considered them to be in the top five. Feel free to let me know what your favorite things to do at Epcot are. I would love to know!
This was hard to break down because there is much so much to see and do. I will combine my favorites from both the Future World and the World Showcase. There will most likely be more detailed posts about Epcot. For now, I’ll show you a few of my favorites.
- Soaring– I’ve been on the new Soaring ride and I love it. There were so many memorable moments, I can’t choose a favorite. The different sceneries are beautiful. It made me want to book a flight and travel to each location.
- Test Track– I have to say, I miss the old version of Test Track. I still like this ride though! I like how you are able to custom make your own vehicle and put it to the test. Fun Fact: The ride goes up 65 mph.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends- One of my favorite Disney movies is Finding Nemo. It’s a cool dark ride to sit down, relax, and enjoy. As you leave the ride, you are able to look at different marine fish and mammals. Fun Fact: If you’re SCUBA certified, look into Epcot’s DiveQuest. It’s a three hour tour that takes you behind the scenes of The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion and you can dive with dolphins, eagle rays, sharks, and many other sea creatures! This is definitely on my Disney bucket list 💙🐠
- Spaceship Earth– This is a cool slow moving ride that is inside Epcot’s ball. This is a ride that takes you on a journey through time. I like this ride because you can definitely see Walt’s touch. Fun Fact: There are five hidden Mickeys in this attraction! Try to see if you can find all five next time you go!
- American Adventure– This is a long show, but I actually like it. It is very educational and inspiring. If you want to rest a bit from the Florida heat, go watch this show.
Now for the food aspect of this, I am going to only be talking about the food in the World Showcase.
Quick Service (Food Stops):
- La Cantina de San Angel (Mexico) – I love Mexican food. There is no doubt that this food stop would be in my top 5.
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie (France) – There are so many French deliciousness to choose from! Recommend: Pissaladière. Hard name to pronounce, I just call it pizza.
- Lotus Blossom Café (China) – It’s the typical quick service Chinese food. So yummy.
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop (United Kingdom) – Fish and chips. That’s all I have to say.
- Sommerfest (Germany) – There is tasty German food and if you like beer, this is your stop.
Quick Service (Desserts):
- L’Artisan des Glaces (France) – The ice-cream is so delicious! Recommend: The macaron ice cream sandwiches
- Refreshment Port (World Showcase) – Try the Croissant Doughnut!
- Funnel Cakes (America)
- Caramel Story Bakery (Germany) – Recommend: The s’mores bar with caramel.
- Gelati (Italy) – They serve yummy Italian gelato.
(I do not really eat at the table service restaurants, so I do not have a top 5 for them)
Other (Top 4):
- Club Cool- It’s in the Future World and you get to sample a variety of sodas from around the world! My favorite drink there is the soda from Zimbabwe.
- Voice of Liberty- This a Performance that they have before the American Adventure. They sing several songs. I get chills every time I watch the performers. Their voices are beautiful.
- Shops at Japan- Out of all the shops, I think Japan is the coolest one. There is so much to see. I love going to the Japanese food section and getting stuff that I have never tried before.
- Serveur Amusant- This is a fun show in France. It’s a balancing act and it’s hard to stop watching the performers are incredible.
Characters: I am going to list the characters I have had memorable experiences with and where you can meet them.
- Baymax– Epcot Character Spot (Future World)
- Aladdin/Jasmine– Morocco Pavilion (World Showcase)
- Belle (blue dress) – France Pavilion (World Showcase)
- Joy/Sadness– Epcot Character Spot (Future World)
- Snow White– Germany Pavilion (World Showcase)