Top Five: Hollywood Studios
Hey everyone! This is part four of my Top Five Series. As mentioned in my last post, there are different categories and for each category, I will give you my top five picks and why I considered them to be in the top five. Feel free to let me know what your favorite things to do at Hollywood Studios are. I would love to know!
- Tower of Terror– I love the Twilight zone series. No surprise here that this will be a top five. I love thrill rides and the drops will certainly give you a thrill. Fun Fact: In the queue for the ride, they have a bunch cool objects laying around. If you’re a fan of the Twilight Zone, they even have references to certain episodes. So next time your waiting in line, look around and observe all the intricate details all around the hotel.
- The Great Movie Ride– I love this ride. It has gotten to the point that I can recite some of the things that they say! Fun Fact: The other half of the plan in the Casa Blanca scene can be found in the Jungle Cruise ride in Magic Kingdom!
- Toy Story Midway Mania!– I am competitive. So this ride is a fun ride to go with your friends and family (so that you can beat them all, kidding). I like this better than the Buzz Lightyear ride in Magic Kingdom. I think it is easier to hit the targets. Tip: Make sure you look at the very top and the very bottom of the screen. That is where the high point targets are.
- Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster– This is such a great rollercoaster. I love Aerosmith and it is fun rocking out to his music while on the ride.
- Star Tours– This is a fun Star Wars themed attraction. Fun Fact: The Star Tours ride in Hollywood Studios has 54 possible combinations! You could even ride several times in one day and get different experiences each time💙
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage- This is one of my favorite shows. I have always dreamed of performing on this show or the Festival of the Lion King.
- Fantasmic!- This show gives me chills. This is a spectacular show.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular- This show feels like if you are on the set of one of the Indian Jones movies. It is so cool to get a glimpse of what it feels to be on set.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular- The soundtrack for this show is great. The fireworks light up the sky and the view is breathtaking.
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration- This is a fun show to join in and sing along.
- 50’s Prime Time Café– The whole place is decorated like a kitchen. It is a fun experience because while you are there, you have to use proper etiquette. You never know when is mom is watching (You might get put in time out).
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant– It is a fun 50’s inspired restaurant that is made to look like a drive-in theater.
- Sweet Spells– If you have a sweet tooth, check this place. My favorite thing to get from here is a candy apple or a smore’s bar. Remember you can ask for the candy apple to be cut. It is much easier to eat.
- Joffrey’s Coffee and Pastries-I always associate Joffrey’s with Hollywood Studios even though I think Joffrey’s is located in other parks. Their coffee is yummy!
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano– The food in this Italian restaurant is delicious. The restaurant is beautifully decorated as well.
Other (Top 4):
- Citizens of Hollywood– You can catch the Citizens of Hollywood on Hollywood Boulevard. The performers are hilarious and each performance is different because they improv the whole thing!
- Jedi Training Academy- At certain hours of the day, children from the ages 4-12 can help fight against the dark side. The registration for this is right when Hollywood Studios opens.
- March of the First Order– Every hour on the hour, Captain Phasma and the First Order Stormtroopers march from Star Wars Launch Bay to the front of the Chinese Theatre at Hollywood Studios. You can get cool photos of them marching or when they are on stage.
- Disney Junior Dance Party– Instead of waiting in lines to meet some of your favorite characters, you could join them at the Disney Junior Dance Party. This is an awesome character interaction because you get to dance with characters like Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, and Sofia the First.
Characters: I am going to list the characters I have had memorable experiences with and where you can meet them.
- Chewbacca– Star Wars Launch Bay
- Kylo Ren– Star Wars Launch Bay
- Green Army Men– Pixar Place
- Olaf– Celebrity Spotlight in Echo Lake area
- Sorcerer Mickey– Red Carpet Dreams on Commissary Lane