Hey everyone! I am doing another easy Mickey ear tutorial. This time, these mickey ears are Christmas inspired. I did three different Mickey ears and they are so simple to do. You can go to any craft store and I’m sure they have holiday items that are similar to the ones I am using. Let’s get started!
What you will need:
- Pre-made Mickey Ears: Here is the link to the Etsy shop where I purchased the ears from. I highly recommend this seller. I have always gotten my orders on time 🙂 Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Favorsandcrafts?ref=pr_shop_more
- Christmas flowers, candies, gingerbread cookie decorations from any craft store (for the candies and flowers, six of each is a good amount)
- Christmas fabric for bows
- Hot glue gun
What you will need to do:
- Make the fabric bow. I have a previous Christmas mickey ear tutorial that includes a link on how to make fabric bows. I will leave a link for the my tutorial here: https://earthtolizzieblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/28/easy-diy-mickey-ears/
- Assemble the flowers, candies, or any other decoration you would like to use and map out where you would like them on your mickey ears.
- Use a hot glue gun and glue the pieces to both the band of the mickey ears. Glue each piece one at a time because the glue does set quickly.
- When the bow is ready, glue the bow to the center of the headband. You can add decorations on the center of the bow. I used a plaid fabric to make the bow and I added a gingerbread cookie decoration in the center.
There you have it! These ears are so simple compared to the other Christmas ears that I have made. All you need is ears and the decorations! The fun thing about this DIY ears is that you can make it your own style. You can go to crafts stores and use the materials that you would like to use! I made my own so that you can get ideas and make your own version of Christmas ears! I hope this tutorial helped and I would love to see your creations. If you made your own holiday Mickey ears, send me a picture either through my email: firstname.lastname@example.org or instagram: orlandosmagicandmayem 🙂 Have a magical day everyone!