Hey everyone! I wanted to talk a little bit about Fast Passes at Walt Disney World. Using a Fast Pass lets you skip the standby line so you can get on a ride or attraction faster. This is useful for when rides have long wait times.
How do you get a Fast Pass?
- There are many ways you can get a Fast Pass. The easiest way is through the My Disney Experience App. I have post about the My Disney Experience account if you would like to check it out. Link: https://earthtolizzieblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/17/my-disney-experience-account/
- If you are staying at a Disney hotel, the cast members at the front desk can help make Fast Pass selections for you.
- There are Fast Pass kiosks at every park. Ask a cast member where they are located and you can create Fast Passes in the park.
How does a Fast Pass work?
- You can make up to 3 selections. Once you have used up those Fast Passes, you can go to any kiosk (or use the app) and get a fourth additional Fast Pass. You can keep doing this every time you finish a ride.
- You only can make Fast Passes for a certain park each day.
- If you get to the parks right when it opens, you can use your magic band to get into any ride through the Fast Pass line.
- If you have purchased your WDW ticket, you can make Fast Pass selections 30 days in advance.
- If you made a hotel reservation at a Disney hotel, you can make Fast Pass selections up to 60 days in advance.
My Fast Pass recommendations:
It is best to get Fast Passes for popular rides. When choosing Fast Passes, you can choose one of Group A and Two of Group B.
So I will tell you how I would choose my Fast Passes so it can give you an idea. I am doing this based on popularity so that you can ride the rides that usually have a very long wait time.
Group A: Most of this Group have very long wait times. I would suggest getting a Fast Pass for Frozen Ever After. This ride usually has a long wait time. Another ride I would suggest is Test Track. If you do not end up getting a Fast Pass for Test Track, going through the single rider’s line is the next best option.
Group B: Spaceship Earth, Epcot Character spot or Mission: SPACE.
Group A: Fantasmic! or Toy Story Midway Mania. I would say snag Toy Story Midway Mania if you can. It is difficult to get a Fast Pass for that ride.
Group B: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Star Tours.
Both Animal and Magic Kingdom are not divided into groups so you can select any three rides.
Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest or Kali River Rapids. These are awesome attractions.
Peter Pans Flight, Meeting any characters, all the mountains (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Thunder Mountain), Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Haunted Mansion. Magic Kingdom is a tough one. These are the rides I usually select Fast Passes for. I would recommend getting Mine Train and Peter Pan because these are the rides that have the longest wait times.
I would say plan out your day and get Fast Passes early so you can get on rides quickly and so that you can make additional Fast Passes later on. You do not need Fast Passes for shows, but you can get Fast Passes if you want to ensure your seats. You just need to make sure you get there within the time frame so you can take advantage of that pass.