Valentine’s Day Blondies
So this is how I decided to make these blondies. I was at a relative’s house and we were searching baking recipes on Pinterest trying to find something different tasty to make. After moments of scrolling, we finally came to a consensus when we stumbled upon an easy to make blondie recipe! https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/04/06/take-2-funfetti-cake-batter-blondies/print/ This is the blondie recipe I found on Pinterest. I added my own little twist to it, so it is a little different than the ones she made. I made it more of a Valentine’s Day treat by making the batter pink. Now let’s get started.
What you’ll need:
1 box of yellow cake mix
¼ cup of vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup of milk
½ cup of sprinkles
½ total of white chocolate chip and dark chocolate chip morsels
4 drops of pink gel food coloring
What you’ll need to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9 by 9 pan with non-stick spray. I realized the thicker the batter, the chewier it is. So, you can adjust to your liking.
- Add the cake mix, vegetable oil, and egg into a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add the milk. The mixture is supposed be dense, but add a little more milk if it is looking a little too dense.
- Add in the sprinkles and the chocolate chips until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Put the mixture in the baking pan and even out the batter since the batter is dense. Add sprinkles on top for added prettiness haha!
- Put the baking pan in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. You can check if the mixture is ready when the blondies are brown around the edges and by poking the blondies with a toothpick. If no batter sticks to the toothpick, the blondies are ready!
- The amount of time the blondies are in the oven depends on how you want the blondies to turn out. Less time will make the blondies chewy, more time will make the blondies crumbly.
- Allow the blondies to cool for 30 minutes and once the wait is over… the blondies are ready to slice and serve! You can use heart shaped or mickey mouse shaped cookie cutters to cut out fun shapes with the blondies.
- Lastly, take a bite and enjoy!
And that is how to create these tasty blondies! If you make these, please do not hesitate to take a picture and tag me on Instagram at: OrlandosMagicandMayhem. You can also email me at OrlandosMagicandMayhem@gmail.com